The Florida Star and The Georgia Star has an excellent opportunity for a qualified candidate to receive an unpaid internship. Interns must be enrolled in an accredited university earning college credit with a journalism discipline, during the time of this internship. You will be mentored by staff at The Florida Star. You will have the opportunity to network with media professionals while obtaining real-world experience. As part of our team, you will work on stories that are meaningful, socially relevant and community oriented. If this sounds like the go getter you are, come join us!
The Florida Star is the oldest and most widely read African-American newspaper, with an audience that covers Northeast Florida to Southeast Georgia. In addition to print media, the paper owns STAR TV 18.2 television station and sponsors a radio show (IMPACT) twice a week on WCGL 94.7
If you meet the listed requirements:
Submit your resume with cover letter, and two writing samples. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Upon successful completion of the internship, candidates will receive letters of recommendation.
Submission should be sent via email: email@example.com
- Students must be pursuing a degree in communications, journalism, media or related coursework
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher. (copy of transcripts must be submitted)
- Transportation is a requirement, as you’ll need to drive to courthouses to research documents
- Own a digital camera
- Understand you will be assigned stories weekly which must be submitted on time.
- Passion for storytelling
- Strong writing and social media skills
- Must be able to commit to the entire internship
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment